Thursday 14 September 2017

5 TOP AMALA SPOTS IN IBADAN

Image result for amala spots in ibadan
When a soon - to be - retired foodie like me decides to do a post on a food related countdown, you should know that it would be the TRUTH because I can't mislead you guys food - wise...lol.

Amala is the major food eaten by the people of Ibadan and so many people have testified that Ibadan's Amala and Abula is second to none. It is part of the culture and everyone has come to embrace it. Due to it's uniqueness, Amala has travelled far and wide therefore promoting the city of Ibadan in it's own little way.

Let me quit talking and go straight to the koko oro of the matter. Why spend so much this valentine when you can easily either make Amala for bae or boo or take them out to an Amala spot here in Ibadan. This post will serve as your compass for the 5 top Amala Spots in Ibadan where you can spoil your valentine or yourself at any point in time. I'm also grateful to NiyiTabiti's Blog for some of the tips.
5. MAMA ANAT
                                                    Image result for amala spots in ibadan
After I dumped my former 'customer' in school, I was opportune to locate Mama Anat after hearing fairy-tales about the place and I haven't turned back ever since. They make really good Amala and Abula. Their Jollof Rice is also a winner but our focus right now is their Amala. You can't go wrong with it. The joint also got it's name from its location beside the department of anatomy inside the University of Ibadan. It is mostly frequented by lecturers, students and non-academic staffs of the varsity. She manages the place with her children. It is located inside the University of Ibadan.

4. IYADUNNI
Image result for iyadunni in ibadan
 This super joint is located at challenge round about. It serves the challenge-ring-road axis. This canteen is so popular with its very tasty meals that one can’t resist the hot Amala, ogufe and fresh fish. Her children also come around to supervise the staff when Iyadunni is not available. When next I'm at challenge, I will branch at her place.

3. INA STRAIGHT
           Related image
One epic thing about this buka is that it has been around for a very long time. I think, the 70s. It is located beside the cultural centre and not too far from the state secretariat. Inastrante was founded by Ahaja Muslinat Akanke Tijani of blessed memory. It is tagged as the most popular of all. This joint is managed by the late Alhaja’s children and they are patronized by the high and mighty in the society. Inastrante, is endeared to the peoples’ mind because of its great hospitality.

2. IYA ADURA
Image result for amala spots in ibadan
Though owned by Iya Adura, it is popularly known as SOCIAL because of its location inside the SOCIAL WELFARE compound in the state secretariat behind FIRST BANK in Bodija. Their Amala is also very Epic. You can never go wrong at this place.

1. OSE OLOHUN
Image result for ose olohun in ibadan
A standing ovation for the buka that has always been there for us both in the good and bad times. I don't know about you but this is my honest opinion. It is located along the BODIJA/UI road. It’s popularly called Skye Bank because of its very close location to SKYE BANK Bodija. It is owned by an Alhaja, who is popularly called by the name of the canteen The food is all shades of awesome and the smallest amount of meat goes for #50. The place is patronized with its closest customers, the bankers and even students of the University of Ibadan. The Alhaja’s children also help in the management of the canteen.

How can I roundup without acknowledging the honest efforts of my before before 'customer'. I feel so bad that I don't even know the name of the canteen. Maybe it's because their Amala is so delicious that you would easily forget your name. It's located in the University of Ibadan and it is at the back of the School's Chapel.

So, here we are. My 5 Top Amala Spots in Ibadan. Anywhere you eat Amala and you don't sweat after, just don't go back there. They didn't turn it well niyen and yesssss, there is also one Amala spot at Agbowo side opposite University of Ibadan. When I'm not inside school and I waka outside, you can find me there wanking Amala. It's one of the best too.

I hope you enjoyed the post. If you are an Amala addict like me, lick your lips. Yes, that's what you do when the Amala takes your taste buds to tokyo.

No comments: